Welcome Diners!

  • ~~Click Image to Purchase this fun doormat~~
  • Friday, July 17, 2009

    Summer's Sweet And Sour Sauce

    DANG THAT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! I could have easily hurt myself with this one! I grilled a couple pork butt steaks on the BBQ. Then I made my own sweet and sour sauce without a recipe.

    Started by adding ¾ of water to a small sauce pan and then added;

    2 Tablespoons of honey
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/4 cup flour with enough COLD water to make a smooth rue
    1 or 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
    and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of ketchup.

    Bring the ingredients to a very slow boil, reserving the rue until the boil. Then add the rue, quickly stirring it in as it slowly boils. As soon as it is mixed in, let it simmer for about 1/2 hour. Turn off.

    Throw the pork steaks on the grill, I turned the heat back on under the sweet and sour bringing it back up to hot.

    Cook up a little bit of rice and add steamed broccoli and dinner is served. Some sauces are very sharp and sweet. But this one was not so . . . tangy but not over powering.

    (Mike Summers)

    0 comments: