From the Kitchen of
Author Sandra Schoger Foster
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion
1 can 15 oz Black beans
1 can 15 oz White Northern beans
1 can 15 oz Pinto beans
1 can 15 oz white corn (or hominy)
2 can 15 oz Rotel tomatoes w/chilis
1 pkg Lawry's taco mix
1 pkg envelope dry Ranch dressing
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, break it up with large spoon as it cooks
- Place beef mixture in big pot
- Put cut-up onion in same skillet and brown, keeping the residue of the beef for onions
- Place grilled onions in pot with beef mixture
- Add to big pot, all canned goods above. Only drain black beans.
- Water, keep adding as needed, also add can of beef or vegetable broth
- Add the envelope dry Ranch dressing and envelope of Lawry’s Taco mix. Stir.
Let simmer for 20-30 minutes over medium/low heat. Stir occasionally.
Serve with grated cheese or sour cream, and Santitas white corn chip
Sandra's Blog: Sandee Says What?