Welcome Diners!

  • ~~Click Image to Purchase this fun doormat~~
  • Saturday, June 26, 2010

    How To Cook This Chuck Roast?

    I'm not very good with steak. Not even on the barbecue can my steaks be salvaged. So when mom bought me a thick Chuck Roast  I thought  . . . geez, Mom, can ya cook it for me too?

    Okay, so what to do with it? Experiment number gazillion and one. The son didn't look to pleased but he liked the thin-sliced potatoes that I promised as a side dish. Here goes.

    Preheat oven at 400 degrees F. Find a nice glass baking dish and slip the roast right into it. Now let's see what's in the pantry. Lipton Onion Soup . . . we'll just rub 1 pkg. of that into all of Chuck's sides. Add a dash of Sea Salt and garlic salt. Mmmm, a full bottle of Worcester Sauce. Yeah, we'll add a few dollops of the sauce (both sides enough to cover). I figure the kid will drown the steak in it anyhow, might as well bake it right in.

    Oh yeah, probably should add a cup of water to the mix. Bake for 15 minutes and turn over. After 30 minutes, remove from oven and cut a few slices from the edges. I don't know why. I just did. Remove those slices and they're good enough to eat. Really, they were. However, I thought the center of the steak was a little too raw and wriggly, even for my taste. So I baked it for an extra 15 minutes. Whoooooaaaa . . . still medium rare but PERFECT!!! Delicious. My son loved it and he's a tough one to cook for. But he cleaned off his plate!

    0 comments: