Welcome Diners!

  • ~~Click Image to Purchase this fun doormat~~
  • Wednesday, June 23, 2010

    Jeannie Marie's Chicken Quinoa Vegetable Soup

    Quinoa...God's Gift!

    I used to loathe discovering new dishes. I always like them and anything new that I liked was usually a dessert or a high calorie casserole. I tended to avoid giving myself something else to want but shouldn't have. I gave up collecting recipies thirty years ago.

    Quinoa, pronounced Keen-Wah, is certainly an exception to the rule. In fact, as I prowl through the grocery stores, I think I am going to find more and more healthy alternatives to foods I've fixed and eaten for decades. Quinoa, I discovered, is a complete protein source, which is unusual for grains. It's loaded with dietary fiber, magnesium and iron. The best part is its gluten free!

    Read the rest of the article with recipe here.

     image copyright, Jeanne Baney, 2010
    article written by Jeanne Baney featured on Associated Content

    0 comments: